Peanut Butter Brownie Doughnuts – Low Calorie, High Protein
Welcome to Fitbook Recipes.
The ultimate low calorie, high protein bakes to satisfy your sweet tooth while not demolishing your macros.
The first is the best Peanut butter brownie doughnuts ever, super easy to make and guilt free. As someone who enjoys working out, its imperative to include a high protein which makes the doughnuts perfect.
They are also practically sugar free with just 0.1 grams.
Pumpkin puree is used as an alternative for eggs due to it being 99% fat free, its perfect for baking and can be substituted in most recipes usually following the rule of ¼ cup per egg used. You also cannot taste the pumpkin in the bakes.
Artificial sugar is used to replace high calorie normal sugar. If you do not have artificial sugar you can still use normal sugar however it will increase the calories. My preferred artificial sugars are Xylitol and Erythritol. I get mine from my local supermarket.
I chose to top my doughnuts with cookie biscuit crumbs. However, you could top with anything you want.
Macros – per doughnut
107 calories, 2g Fat, 9g Carbs, 4g Protein.
Recipe (14 Servings):
Allergens – Peanut, Gluten, Milk (protein powder).
- 60 grams of protein powder
- 1 ½ cup of plain flour
- ¼ cup of artificial granulated sugar (I used xylitol)
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 60g of pumpkin puree (I get mine from local supermarket usually in the world food American section or Amazon)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- **Sweetener drops for added sweetness
**Taste sweetness of batter
- ¼ cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Two choc chip cookie biscuit
- Heat oven at 200 degrees
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Add wet ingredients and mix well until a thick batter
- If too thick add more milk
- Transfer batter to ziplock bag and pipe into tray
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until skewer comes out clean
- Make sure you do not over bake, check at 12 mins and skewer should come out clean but doughnuts should be squidgy.
- To make the glaze add the coconut oil and peanut butter to a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted.
- Once completely cooled dip the doughnuts into glaze
- Blend cookies in a blender and sprinkle over doughnuts
If you make these Peanut butter brownie doughnuts tag us on Instagram using #fitbookbakes
By Ella Orrock